Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Intentional Motherhood: A Christian Home {Prayer}



A Parent's Prayer

"Lord God, I thank you for what I [can learn] from Your servant servant Joshua in his faithfulness to You as the father in his own home. I humbly ask you to give me grace to say as distinctly and as publicly as he did: 'As for me and my house we will serve the LORD.' Lord, I consecrate myself to you. My Father, let Your love for me, and my love for you, be my inspiration and my joy. May my children see that I serve You with my whole heart. Lord, I consecrate my family to you. Help me to train my children to serve You. Remove every inconsistency and all weakness that might hinder anyone in my family from being completely Yours. May mine be a truly consecrated home. 
"Lord, help us to serve you in practical ways. Let the knowing and the doing of God's will, the working for His Kingdom, the seeking His glory, be the one desire for our hearts. May our home be a blessing to others by encouraging them to take a stand for You. Lord God, let Your Spirit work mightily in the homes of your people, that everywhere this confession may be heard ringing out: 'As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.' Amen."


*****

{all quotations taken directly from 'Raising Your Child for Christ' by Andrew Murray, unless otherwise noted [emphasis mine]}


There's a little book, 'Raising Your Children for Christ' by Andrew Murray, on my shelf that I keep bringing down and leafing through and, Lord willing, on Wednesdays {or Thursdays}I hope to share snippets of my gleanings from it.

IMG_2469-sz-250I don't claim to know all the answers. I need to dig deeper so that I can be even more equipped to be the mother that God intended. 

Join me on this journey? It is not a list of rules and how-to's but rather a chance to look into your own life and heart and be challenged to live a life wholeheartedly devoted to the Lord

For the first post in this series on Intentional Motherhood you can find it here.

For all posts in this series you can read them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...