Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Transition


" . . . Children are a gift of the LORD . . . " (Psalm 127:3)

It has been a week of transition for us. We decided it was time to put our 'baby' in a big bed. He was so confused when he watched Daddy take down his bed, but he seems delighted with his new bed.
He has done so well . . . so far!

It is just hard for me . . . mom . . . to let go of my 'baby'. He looks so small in the big bed and yet he looked so big in his crib! Each night I have gone in to check him before I go to bed I have been thinking how fast he is growing up. This is all part, I guess, of preparing myself to let go. It is such a joy to watch our children grow up and yet it somehow it is so hard to let go of these years.

I am so thankful for my blessings! I just wish these growing up years could slow down a little!

At least now I can reach down and give him one more kiss before I settle . . . the crib was always in the way!

photo: our little one in his big bed


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...