Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Thursday, April 10, 2014

A Letter From a Mentor {Titus 2 Tips on Thursdays ~ A Guest Post}





"Dear Rebekah,

As I have reviewed many of the times of the Lord's guidances in my life, it has been a joy to recall, and as well, remember times of struggles! Our Lord has ALWAYS remained faithful in His love and mercies! Certainly there were times when I tried to understand and even thought that I knew "better", He kept on guiding me and loving me as He taught me. I am writing a quick summery of many years and I desire to highlight areas where I was shown that His ways and His timing are always best!

My life in Jesus began when I was only eight years ole. My parents had just become Christians and began to teach us from the Bible. Older Christians were often in our home and I recall listening to many conversations regarding the Scriptures. Even at this early age, I was influence in a direction to please our Lord Jesus Christ. I was privileged to attend summer camp where Biblical teaching challenged me to surrender my life to the One who knew how best to direct my future. Little did I realize that surrendering to Him would also mean growth, sometimes hurtful, in many parts of my being!

Early in my teen years, I had a desire to help others and felt that the teaching profession would be my choice. Following my graduation I was placed in a city school where children were from mixed backgrounds. I prayed, "Why?" This is not my choice to begin my teaching experiences. I was upset and questioned my Lord! This resulted in teaching me so, so much! I was more prepared to face my years living in South America with teams of young people from many backgrounds. "Yes, Lord, You knew best!"

Shortly after being assigned to a teaching position, I was married to my sweetheart, Claude. The next 41 years (my husband died suddenly) and the birth of five children showed to us that our Lord supplies every need: spiritually, physically, and emotionally. Spouses and children do teach us in so many various lessons! As I look back and remember, I recall times of joy, sorrow, questioning, doubting, amazement, etc!!!

I especially recall one time when at the bedside of my dying grandfather when I envisioned myself facing the Lord as He said that it is possible to have "everything", but have "nothing" unless it is from Him! I remember driving home as I repeated to my Lord that He may have me, my family, my desires, my all and use me as "You, O Lord, see best!" When I entered my house, I said to my husband that I am ready to go or stay or whatever is the Lord's will. I know my husband was shocked since I had thought I could never leave my house, my city, my relatives. We began to pack to live in South America and to serve in several ministries in various parts of the world.

Now, since old age is upon me, I see that so many areas of my busy life have changed. I often say that my "head says one thing and my body says that I don't think that you are able to achieve that". Again the lessons are still being given to me!

I have written of some experiences hoping that folks will be encouraged to surrender to the One who not only created us, but has a plan for each life!!!

That includes many smaller plans as one grows closer in relationship to our God.

First and foremost, build a close relationship with our Heavenly Father.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Also, build relationships with friends and others in need (physically, emotionally, or just desiring to know our Lord in a closer relationship). This area builds trust as we get to know each other. Often this takes a lot of time and sometimes I say "lots of coffee"! 

As a person is brought to my heart, mind, I make it a point to get to know them, doing something together. It is exciting to see the Lord work through us in His ways.

His blessings as you surrender to Him,

Marion J Loney"




 Marion has always had a heart to minister and mentor. 
She is blessed with 5 wonderful children and 6 awesome grandchildren, 3 good sons-in-laws and 1 good daughter-in-law. 
She has ministered around the world and loves the Lord God and His people.

A Soft Gentle voice
I am honoured to host these guest posts in this series on women mentoring women 
Some weeks you may find tips from the kitchen or healthy recipes, tools other women have used to grow spiritually, hints to help us build up and love our husbands, and lessons they have learned as they have walked along with their children to teach them to love God wholeheartedly, habits they have developed in keeping their home, ways they have worked on to keep their behaviour respectful, or rhythms that allow peace and rest in the home and hearts that dwell there within.
You will find all the posts in the series here.


"Older women likewise are to be reverent in behaviour,
not slanderers or slaves to much wine.
They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands,
that the word of God may not be reviled."

{Titus 2:3-5}


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful letter filled with much wisdom. Thank you so much for sharing, Rebekah. And thank you Marion for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...