Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Lay Hold of Things Unseen: Grace of Faith {#Morevember}


"Almighty God, who of Thine infinite wisdom hast ordained that I should live my life within these narrow bounds of time and circumstance, let me now go forth into the world with a brave and trustful heart. It has pleased Thee to withhold from me a perfect knowledge; therefore deny me not the grace of faith by which I may lay hold of things unseen. Thou has given me little power to mould things to my own desire; therefore use Thine own omnipotence to bring about Thy desires to pass within me. Thou hast willed it that through labour and pain I should walk the upward way; be Thou then my fellow traveller as I go. 
Let me face what Thou dost send with the strength Thou dost supply: 
When Thou prosperest my undertakings, let me give heed that Thy word may prosper in my heart: 
When Thou callest me to go through the dark valley, let me not persuade myself that I know a way round..."
~John Baillie, 'A Diary of Private Prayer' 


***


Hunting for more of God's Grace, Steadfast love and His Mercies that are new every morning in 'Morevember'.

~words of love
~conquering fears
~walks in the brisk fall
~talks over hot drinks
~sisters who hold up each other's arms
~laughter about strategies to stay sane
~the grace of faith to fix our gaze on how God works in ways unseen
~the privilege to present our requests to God

I invite you to hunt along with me for more of His mercy and grace in #Morevember on Facebook and Twitter.

Enter your email address to subscribe to A Soft Gentle Voice and have this series delivered to your inbox.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...