Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Words of Wisdom for the Weekend {"How could God Himself show truth and love at the same time in a world like this?"}




"I had never had Nollie's bravery--no, nor her faith, either. But I could spot illogic. "And it isn't logical to say the truth and do a lie! What about Annaliese's false papers--and that maid's uniform on Katrien?"
 
"Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth," Nollie quoted. "Keep the door of my lips.' Psalm One hundred Forty-One!" she finished triumphantly.

"All right, what about the radio? I had to lie with my lips to keep that!"

"And yet whatever came from your lips, Corrie, I am sure it was spoken in love!" Father's kindly voice reproached my flushed face.

Love. How did one show it? How could God Himself show truth and love at the same time in a world like this? 

By dying. The answer stood out for me sharper and chiller than it ever had before that night: the shape of a Cross etched on the history of the world."
~ Corrie Ten Boom, 'The Hiding Place' [bold emphasis added]

*****


{Words for Wisdom for the Weekend: These are words that I have been challenged or encouraged by that I have read throughout my week that I kept pondering; words that I couldn't get off my mind and heart throughout my week. 
For other Words of Wisdom for the Weekend posts see here.}

3 comments:

  1. Corrie ten Boom ... how cool is it going to be to meet her someday ... to sit with her, to listen to her heart when we reach heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still buried in that book, forever and ever. Love to see the pieces that are shared with the rest of the world so hearts can be opened, spirits encouraged.

    Thank you. As I've said often, Corrie ten Boom was/is one of my main spiritual heroes. Met her in '72 in Calif. at church and hope to meet her in heaven when I arrive. AND her sister and her father and other family members that touched out and about and protected people during that horrific stretch of time.

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Corrie Ten Boom! Thanks for linking up with The Weekend Brew!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...