Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Monday, March 17, 2008

In Everything Give Thanks

In every thing give thanks:
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

(1 Thessalonians 5:18)

How often I fail to give thanks! I am taking on this challenge to write down and give thanks for all that I have been given. It seems a daunting task . . . one thousand gifts . . . can I open my eyes and heart enough to see that I have in fact been given even more than one thousand gifts.

It is now the time of year that many are celebrating Easter. At time when we reflect on what Christ did for us. As I begin my list, I start with . . .

1. I am so thankful that we do not have to wait until the calendar tells us to celebrate this special occasion. While so many only stop to think about the crucifixion and resurrection but once a year, I am able to give thanks each day for what Christ has done; for this work He accomplished has been made real in my life . . .

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live;
yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:
and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God,
who loved me, and gave himself for me.
(Galatians 2:20)

He gave himself for me . . . He lives in me . . .

I give thanks.




I was inspired to start a Thousand Gifts List by reading this post.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rebekah,

    I like your giving thanks for 1000 gifts. I. too, have begun. I think I am only at 36. It is such an easy thing yet for this 36, I have been at it for over a mont.

    Ah, to give thanks!

    By the way I got to your post through Ann Voskamp's. Did you know?

    How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend forwarded me your blog. We are having similiar thoughts! Take a look at: myheartthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...