Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Who Am I? {A Saint} IN Christ {Day 5} #31Days ~ Words of Wisdom for the Weekend: One Step to Become a Saint


" . . . to those sanctified in Christ Jesus
called to be saints together with all those who in every place 
call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ . . . "




"Being a saint requires one step: be in Christ . . . Anyone who is connected to Jesus by faith in his death and resurrection is a saint. God's saints are average and sinful people who love Jesus."  
"As saints mature in relationship with Jesus, they often see their sin more clearly and grieve it more deeply.  
"We do not need to feel better about ourselves. We need the God who makes us better through himself and for himself. " 
"Humility includes both knowing and accepting the truth about God and yourself as revealed in the Bible. A saint will grow in humility by rightly and biblically understanding identity in Christ. Knowing we're sinners saved and kept by grace will keep us from a prideful, high self-esteem. Knowing we're also saints in Christ will keep us from a painful, low self-esteem."  
"Are you a Christian? If so, then in Christ you are a saint, redeemed and renewed in Christ, because every true Christian is a saint. Take a moment and ponder that monumental truth! It doesn't matter how you feel of what others say. God says you are a saint. Say it out lout: "I am a saint." Ask the Holy Spirit to plant that truth deep in your soul so the root of your identity in Christ will nourish the fruit of your life."
~Mark Driscoll, "Who Do You Think You Are?"  [emphasis added]  




***



You will find the complete series as it updated here







I invite you to follow on  Facebook and Twitter.



Enter your email address to subscribe to A Soft Gentle Voice and have this series delivered to your inbox.   




***
{Words for Wisdom for the Weekend: These are words that I have been challenged or encouraged by that I have read throughout my week that I kept pondering; words that I couldn't get off my mind and heart throughout my week. 
For other Words of Wisdom for the Weekend posts see here.}



1 comment:

  1. Dear Rebekah
    It still makes my heart rejoice knowing that Jesus in me and me in Him, makes me a special child of our Pappa God. Definitely not perfect, but definitely a saint!
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...