Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Who Am I? {Gifted} In Christ {Day 12} #31Days ~ Words of Wisdom for the Weekend


"For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them . . . " (Romans 12:3-6)


"But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of the gift of Christ . . . He, the very one who descended, is also the one who ascended above all the heavens, in order to fill all things. It was he who gave [spiritual gifts] to equip the saints for the work of ministry, that is, to build up the body of Christ." (Ephesians 4:7,10-12)

"In Christ, you have both a new identity and a new community where you learn more about your new identity as you use your gifts to serve and are served by the gifts of others. Sometimes, Christians shy away from involvement in a local Church because they see faults with the church. Ironically, the fact that they see a lack may indicate that there's a need for them and their gifts. Rather than complaining, it's better to humbly start serving to meet a church's needs and invite others to also help."
      ~Mark Driscoll, "Who Do You Think You Are?"         

***



This is Day 12 for the series: 31 Days: Who am I? {In Christ} Who is the I AM. 
You will find the complete series as it updated here







I invite you to follow on  Facebook and Twitter.


Enter your email address to subscribe to A Soft Gentle Voice and have this series delivered to your inbox.   



***
{Words for Wisdom for the Weekend: These are words that I have been challenged or encouraged by that I have read throughout my week that I kept pondering; words that I couldn't get off my mind and heart throughout my week. 
For other Words of Wisdom for the Weekend posts see here.}


3 comments:

  1. So thankful that in Christ I am made new. Thanks for linking up to The Weekend Brew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There! I am coming over from Weekend Brew.

    I like that quote you have from Mark Driscoll. I agree! So many refuse to join communities because they are not perfect. How can they be? I am not perfect, and will never be. But I will try!

    I think Barbie is a poet, don't you?
    Nice to be here today :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christ makes all things new, and especially those who choose to follow Him.

    I've signed up to follow along on your blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...