Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Monday, January 21, 2013

When the Needy Soul Needs to Cash in on God's Promises

IMG_4275[1]

"I do it myyysef"

So my two year old says over and over.

And the reality hits me. That is what I have been saying for far too long.

Maybe that is why I keep coming up empty when I keep trying to do it myself.

My soul is needy and I need to stop saying 'I do it myself' and start clinging to and claiming by faith the promises of God.

'God's promises were never meant to be thrown aside as waste paper; He intended that they should be used. God's gold is not miser's money, but is intended to be traded with . . . We glorify God when we plead His promises. Do you think that God will be any poorer for giving you the riches He has promised? Do you dream that He will be any the less holy for giving holiness to you? . . . When a Christian grasps a promise, if he does not take it to God, he dishonors Him; but when he hastens to the throne of grace and cries, "Lord, I have nothing to recommend me but this, 'Thou hast said it,'" then his desire shall be granted. Our heavenly Banker delights to cash His own notes. Never let the promise rust . . . He loves to hear the outcries of needy souls. It is His delight to bestow us favors. He is more ready to hear than you are ready to ask.'
~Charles Spurgeon, 'Morning By Morning'


The truth is, I am not sure I could continue on any other way. And of course, He never intended it to be any other way in the first place.

His grace continues to cascade over me and how I need to receive His precious and magnificent promises.



May I encourage you to claim God's great promises!!


TheBetterMom.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...