Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

But There is Hope {Words of Life Wednesdays ~ A Link-up}

{Join us below for Words of Life Wednesdays with a link-up of your post.
We'd love to hear how God's Word has been nourishing you.}


"And this word is the good news that was preached to you."

I sit down beside pigeons with my lunch in hand. The blue skies reach far above the big skyscrapers. The hustle and bustle of city life races on in all directions. People walk fast, taxi drivers honk, workers with hard hats on light up for a brief smoke break, hot dog vendors turn their street meat while the aroma wafts up enticing the hungry to grab a quick bite.

Life goes on and on and on. 

Or so it seems.

I sit in hospital district and dine alone in the midst of a sea of people with my 100% all beef hot dog, cause the small lunch I packed did not satisfy my hunger. My nose directs my hands to dig around for some spare change to try one of those "gourmet " hot dog with sautéed onions smeared on top while ignoring the better judgment coming from my head.

The last bite did not quite taste as good as the first. I should have listened to better judgment. I toss my wrapper in the trash just before I walk into my only little quarter of the revolving doors leading into the hospital.

Life spins on and on and on. 

Life is like the revolving doors; spinning from one season to the next to eventually the promised end.


I have walked many a halls in hospitals. The frailty of life is met face on when you make your way through the mazes of passageways and corridors, up and down elevators and sit in waiting rooms.

Sickness, disease, pain, and suffering touch each one of us. Not one of us will escape their grip. 

It is easy to despair.

This road is not an easy one.

But there is hope.

Always hope.


Human flesh is weak, frail, and failing.

The power of the word of the Lord supplies new life.

The word is the good news.

The glorious grace of the gospel dispenses living hope.

In all its beauty the spring flower will bloom and fade and fall.

In all its grandeur the fresh green grass will wither and die.

This life is only a mist. Here today. Gone tomorrow.

But there is hope.


The abiding and living word brings forth imperishable life.

Life eternal.


"set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ."
{ 1 Peter 1:13}

***

A Soft Gentle Voice


{Also linking with Coffee For Your Heart}










17 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so powerful. Loved every bit! Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thankful to God that this was a blessing to you, Ashley.

      Delete
  2. Hi Rebekah, I've walked many hospital hallways, too. Thank you so much for this beautiful reminder. There is always hope. Just what I needed to hear today. I'm visiting from Beth's place and hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming over. Giving thanks that you were encouraged. May you, too, have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  3. Your space is warm and welcoming, soft and gentle. And your photos ... magnificent. And to share words of life and grace is a beautiful thing. It's so good to meet you this morning, Rebekah ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind and gracious words. It is a beautiful thing to share the hope of the gospel. So good to meet you here.

      Delete
  4. Your photos are absolutely beautiful- oh, the hope of spring; the fresh hope that is found in Him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shy, quiet thank you—I have much to learn, but the creation all around us in beautiful. And the hope found in Him is truly amazing!

      Delete
  5. This is beautiful, Rebekah, both the words of hope and the meaningful photos. Thank you for shining the light of hope into my heart today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trudy, we are to shine as lights in the world; it is such a privilege. May we go forth and be bold about this hope we have in Christ Jesus!

      Delete
  6. There is always hope. Oh, sweet friend, this is truly beautiful. You have such an amazing gift. Your words bless me over and over again. YOU are beautiful! I'm ever so grateful for you. Much love. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth for your sweet encouragement! What a gift of encouragement YOU have! Thankful for you!

      Delete
  7. Im sorry that you are having to spend time within hospital walls. All of the posts I read from you are laced with beauty and power filled truth from God's word.
    Hope your dinner is better than your lunch ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes! Dinner was homemade spaghetti made by my husband! ;)
      Thank you, Summer. You bless.

      Delete
  8. A post of comfort. So grateful we always have hope no matter where we may find ourselves. Stunning photos as well. I am grateful hope springs eternally. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thankful for hope, also. What a blessing hope is as we journey as exiles here!

      Delete
  9. I so love these words from you: "The glorious grace of the gospel dispenses living hope."

    I accept!

    Beautiful!
    ~ Heather

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...