Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Monday, January 7, 2013

It is all about God’s Glory!

IMG_4334[1]

It’s a beautiful day to be on the ski slopes. The sun is bright and will add warmth to the day. My son, he is only concerned that he will not be given poles as though that would be the worst thing in the world. My daughter packs up the cooler with healthy snacks and looks forward to the adventure that is sure to come. Off they go with their Dad, off toward the rising sun, and we wave goodbye and murmur prayers on their behalf.

IMG_0071

My little one and I head off for a morning walk and a lovely morning out together with friends climbing through a maze of colour in an indoor playground.

Back home, we sit quiet at the table, just two of us and share a simple meal of biscuits and cheese and chicken strips. I tuck her into bed for a nap and put on the kettle and light some candles and settle down for a quiet time. A quiet time in the middle of the day!! I pause in the quiet.

IMG_4304[1]

I could fill my time here with many things. But it is this thing that I started back when the sun was hot on the beach and sand rubbed between my toes. And I found myself seeking and needing to be saturated with the Word of God. I started this reading back in Genesis and I was to be done in 90 days.

I have always been great at starting new things. But, I am not always great at continuing. And this new year, I am focusing on the small things, but also on one word: proskartereo ~ forward, to endure. No, I did not complete reading the Bible in 90 days, and like in so others ways, I am a failure. Except this time, I didn’t want to read through just to check off my list, but for God to find me in my seeking Him in His Word.

I am thankful that I can continue. To move forward.

I open up the Book that I have been reading, slower now these last few months as the sun has lessened in intensity and our days have shortened and as life has sped up, and I find my book mark at Ezekiel 40. Ezekiel's vision of the new temple built. The study notes state that almost all interpreters agree that this is one of the most difficult passages in the Bible.

But the main things that jumps out is when the glory of the Lord filled the temple.

IMG_4368[1]

And the earth shone with His glory.

And Ezekiel fell on his face.

And I don’t make any claims for understanding much of what is being detailed here. But I see it is not about God’s people, but it is about God’s glory.

It never really is about me. ever. And how much pride fills my heart when I think it is.

God will use whatever is necessary to turn my heart to Him. I think about the cross and the One who endured the cross and the redemption I have through His blood.

And he has put a new heart and a new Spirit in me, and it is not about me, but it is always about the Glory of God.

IMG_4311[1]

The Son has come and the Holy Spirit dwells with in me and I don’t really understand it at all, but this I know, I want to know more of Him and to see His glory. To be so in awe of Him that I fall on my face.

And those days when the sun isn’t shinning so brightly and the day seems not so bright, and I wonder how I will continue, it is this that I need:

To continue in prayer ~ to commune with the one whose glory fills the temple and one day there will be no need of the sun for His glory will shine so brightly ~ and to watch in prayer with thanksgiving.

IMG_4361[1]

For when I see that it is all about His glory, and that I can even come before such a Holy God, how can I not give thanks.

When the skiers all arrive back home and stumble into the door and the sun is about to set and we all sit again around the table, we share our day and what we have learned and we laugh and love. And I give thanks.




{linked with}





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...