Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Friday, January 11, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Dive


Five Minute Friday

The rules for Five Minute Friday at Lisa-Jo's are:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

And the post for Five Minute Friday prompt for this week is : Dive

IMG_4385[1]

IMG_4409[1]

IMG_4394[1]

IMG_4408[1]

IMG_4421[1]

IMG_4384[1]


*****
It’s Friday.

The coffee is on, gurgling, dripping.

The children are up and getting their own bagels, toasted and buttered, smeared with jam. Of course, they can’t seem to do this without any bickering. It’s raining in January and they are worried about their snowfort melting away before they even had time to finish it.

And I’m thinking about how I am going to keep continuing. Moving forward to endure.

I’m usually more the test-the-waters kind of girl. To dive in is not really my way. And I am realizing it is more than just fear, but it is also the way I’ve been made. And that is o.k.

I’d rather sail steady on than just dive in and find myself sinking fast.

STOP


*****


4 comments:

  1. You paint a picture, not just with the beautiful photos, but with your words. I am also more of a test-the-waters, make a plan, research everything, look before I leap kinda girl. I love your final line about sailing steady instead of sinking fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the first and last photo. Gorgeous.

    In many ways, I am a "test the water with my toe" kind of girl, too. I'm not really a risk-taker, and like to play it safe.

    I'm learning (slowly) to stop over thinking and start doing. Slowly. Very slowly. :)

    xoxo,
    Gayle | Grace for Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebekah
    Beautiful pictures, thank you. Children seem to always dive joyfully, head first into bickering, don't they! Hang in there, before you know it, they are grown-ups themselves with their own bickering ones!
    Hugs XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I wanted to do a redo on this prompt, but this is what came to me and I went with it. It'd be interesting to see how many who do these prompts are the more dive in and do it types ~ I wonder if they are the 'wordier' ones.:)
    The photos were fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...