Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Friday, January 18, 2013

Five Minute Friday ~ Cherished

The rules for Five Minute Friday at Lisa-Jo's are:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

And the post for Five Minute Friday prompt for this week is : Cherished






*****
It’s Friday night. Another week. The end of a very long week as it began with the stomach bug banging on our front door. It knocked us down. Took everything right out of us.

And on Thursday night when we were on the mend I was in bed and had a sudden realization that I  will have known my beloved for 20 years this year; longer than the years I didn't know him! I couldn't imagine life without him!
I was thankful.

I couldn't sleep. Possibly from being in bed for about 36 hours.

So when I checked the Five Minute Friday prompt early on Friday morning and the word was 'cherished' it was exactly the word that I felt.

We had just shared this sick bed and room ~ how more humble can it get  ~ and yet my love for him is greater now than even when it was love at first sight 20 years ago.

I am blessed to cherish and to know that I am cherished.

STOP


*****

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing. I too, feel very cherished by my husband. It's a way that God lets me know that He cherishes me. This was my first 5 min Friday to participate in. It was fun and challenging! I will be doing it again and hopefully following the rules better next time! :) Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...