Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Recording Life {Day 9}

IMG_2184


I journaled throughout my teen years right up until I got engaged. 

I found my old journals and read what I have wrestled through. I was shocked at some of the things I wrote. Some of it was boring, some of it was detailed, and some was my heart bleeding through.

I don’t know why I stopped journaling. I think I just got busy planning a wedding, getting married, working and beginning a family. Then those early years of motherhood were just plain overwhelming!

I regret not journaling through the early years of motherhood. I kept a calendar for my babies first years, but it didn’t capture my inner thoughts and emotions.

But, life started choking me and I found an empty journal a few years ago and found myself needing to spill out my anxious thoughts.

It is not easy. I have so much to learn about journaling, but I know it helps to scrawl it all out.

Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah
Psalm 62:8



31 Days
This is part of a series, linking up with Nester, for the month of October.

You will find the rest of the series, Write to Discover Yourself: My Story His Glory, here

It is a series of posts of sharing what I am learning in Ruth Vaughn’s book, 'Write to Discover Yourself'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...