Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Friday, October 26, 2012

A Soft Gentle Voice {Day 26}

Five Minute Friday

The prompt for this Five Minute Friday is:

Voice

I write here ~ A Soft Gentle Voice ~ not really that I can be heard, but that I might listen and work out and share what I am hearing.

God met Elijah in the quiet. He did not show up in the wind, or the earthquake, or the fire – not in the dramatic, but in a soft gentle voice – a whisper.


Am I talking too much that I can’t hear what God has to say to me?


Am I looking for the spectacular?


Are my ears stopped up?


Am I quiet enough that I can hear the soft gentle voice of God?


Does the noise of the world drown out that which is most important? The voice of God.


And having heard – and knowing the presence of God  - am I humbled?


It is not really important that my voice is heard here.


It is the voice of God that I want to hear.




STOP



31 Days
This is part of a series, linking up with Nester, for the month of October.

You will find the rest of the series, Write to Discover Yourself: My Story His Glory, here

It is a series of posts of sharing what I am learning in Ruth Vaughn’s book, 'Write to Discover Yourself'.


3 comments:

  1. Hopping over from 5 minute Fridays - thank you for the reminder! I was just showing a friend how to be still for 20 minutes - not necessarily in prayer, just to silence your soul for a bit to listen. It was a good reminder for me as I rush through my days all too often. When I am weak, I remember. When I am strong, I go back to rushing and forgetting - but then soon I am back in the weak spot!! Ugh. Have to get better!
    Gen Thul
    Mine for today was Muddy Praise: http://www.turquoisegates.com/2012/10/muddy-praise.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! I found my way here from Five Minute Friday as well! I am new to this community of writers - but I have been LOVING it! (I am doing the 31 Days series as well - on both my blogs... yeah - I didn't realize what I was doing there...?) I am going to click on your series and read it - most likely in November! ;)
    ~Karrilee~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...