Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Words of Wisdom for the Weekend





*****
"Do you not feel in your own soul that perfection is not in you? Does not every day teach you that? Every tear that trickles from your eye weeps 'imperfection'; every sigh that bursts from your heart cries 'imperfection'; every harsh word that proceeds from your lips mutters 'imperfection.' You have too frequently had a view of your own heart to dream for a moment of any perfection in yourself. But amidst this sad consciousness of imperfection, here is comfort for you--you are 'perfect in Christ Jesus.' In God's sight, you are 'complete in Him'; even now you are 'accepted in the Beloved.' But there is a second perfection, yet to be realized . . . Is is not delightful to look forward to the time when every stain of sin shall be removed from the believer, and he shall be presented faultless before the throne, without spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing . . . Then we shall know, and taste, and feel the happiness of this fast but short sentence, 'Complete in Christ.' . . . O my soul, stand and admire this blessed truth of perfection in Christ."
~ Charles Spurgeon, 'Morning By Morning


*****

{Words for Wisdom for the Weekend: These are words that I have been challenged or encouraged by that I have read throughout my week that I kept pondering. So, I got this idea in the shower this morning (because I don't sing in the shower, but I do a lot of thinking there ~ probably because it is one of the few places that I have to myself!): to share words on the weekend that I couldn't get off my mind and heart throughout my week.}







2 comments:

  1. Struggling with perfection/imperfection. Want so much of the 1st and discover so much of the 2nd. A world-side battle; maybe the heaven-side will be truly filled with victory forever and ever.

    Thanks for the thinking, sharing, "hmmm-ing" phase of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we saw ourselves through the eyes of the Father, who has payed a price for us ~ the unconditional love and accept ... The title of your blog and the quite from 1. Kings speaks to me every time ~a soft gentle voice we long to hear!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...