Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Take Delight Tuesdays ~ With Hobbit Holes

Just a moment some time in my week that I have captured. That I have carefully pondered the goodness of the Lord and delighted in it.

IMG_2852-larger


*****

IMG_3103


Here, this moment.
A little boy who can’t get enough of the book his Daddy is reading to him.
So he makes himself a little hole and gathers his friends and treasures ~ including
his Bible and his own 25¢ copy of ‘The Hobbit’.


*****

Come, join me. Come take delight in the great works that the Lord has done. All the works of the Lord are great ~ even the little things that He has done are great. Ponder the moments that speak of our Creator, Saviour, Redeemer, and Gracious Lord. It is these works that cause us to turn our delight to the Lord and to give thanks to the Lord with our whole hearts.

On Tuesdays, I will just unwrap a moment that I have taken delight in. A moment that has turned my heart to my God, my Lord, my Saviour.

Will you join me? Come take delight in the gracious works of the Lord?
Capture the moment, study it, delight in it and praise the Lord.
A Soft Gentle Voice



Come back and link here with others. Join in the company of the upright and express His praise to others.




2 comments:

  1. I recognize this voice of joy--of a daughter who knows she is loved and rejoices in the love of her Father. Stunning. Thank you for how you share your beautiful heart here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, 'I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine . . . ' and this in Matthew Henry's commentary: ' If our own hearts can witness for us that we are Christ's, question not his being ours, for the covenant never breaks on his side. It is the comfort of the church, that he feeds among the lilies, that he takes delight in his people.'
      What truth ~ thank you, Jennifer, for sharing in this joy with me!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...