Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Take Delight Tuesdays


IMG_2852-larger





Life gets messy. Giants loom. Fears suffocate.

But what are we missing?

Why do we let these moments get the better of us?

The Psalmist wrote a hymn of praise ~ celebrating the great works that the Lord has done for His people. He has called us to be His. He cares for us. He delights in us. We see His great works in creation, in the mighty deeds of redemption, in His marvelous providence, His grace in our lives.

Come, join me. Come take delight in the great works that the Lord has done. All the works of the Lord are great ~ even the little things that He has done are great. Ponder the moments that speak of our Creator, Savior, Redeemer, and Gracious Lord. It is these works that cause us to turn our delight to the Lord and to give thanks to the Lord with our whole hearts.

I count the gifts. Turn my thanks to God. 

And here, on Tuesdays, I will just unwrap a moment that I have taken delight in. A moment that has turned my heart to my God, my Lord, my Saviour.

Just a moment some time in my week that I have captured. That I have carefully pondered the goodness of the Lord and delighted in it.


*****



Here, this moment. My family singing,
"My God is so big, so strong and so mighty,
there's nothing my God cannot do . . . for  you!"

A little moment,
but pondering the great works of the Lord in our lives.
Singing praise to Him.



Will you join me? Come take delight in the gracious works of the Lord?

Capture the moment, study it, delight in it and praise the Lord.
A Soft Gentle Voice


Come back and link here with others. Join in the company of the upright and express His praise to others. 



1 comment:

  1. Hi!!! Thanks for the comment - I didn't know you blogged either! Small world!! :) I noticed you did the 31 day series, how fun!! (I did it too!) I gotta get everything organized to get out the door for Bible study this morning, but will come back to poke around! :) Thanks for saying hi!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...