Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Friday, January 4, 2008

Time


So teach us to number our days, that we may present to You a heart of wisdom. (Psalm 90:12)

I have been thinking a lot about my time this week as have many others, I am sure. At the beginning of the new year I am determined to get back into regular habits. I am guilty of wasting my time.

My husband gave a devotional at the Chapel we attend this past Sunday. His topic was: Time. His thoughts have challenged me to think more about how I spend my time. He presented the word 'time' to us in the following way:

Take toll and keep track of it

Invest it wisely in what really matters

Manage it effectively and well

Evaluate it, learning, growing, and pressing on for His name’s sake.

We have been blessed with this new year and new day. We must not let the time slip from our hands without accomplishing that which is most important. In order to do that we need to prioritize the 'big' things.

I know I can do so much more with the time given me and I am thankful for these times when I can evaluate how I spend my time and try to get back on track once again!

“Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, (redeeming the time) because the days are evil.” Ephesians 5:15-16

My Times are in Thy Hand

My times are in Thy hand;
My God, I wish them there;
My life, my friends, my soul I leave
Entirely to Thy care.

My times are in Thy hand;
Whatever they may be;
Pleasing or painful, dark or bright,
As best may seem to Thee.

My times are in Thy hand;
Why should I doubt or fear?
My Father’s hand will never cause
His child a needless tear.

My times are in Thy hand,
Jesus, the crucified!
Those hands my cruel sins had pierced
Are now my guard and guide.

William Freeman Lloyd (1791-1853)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...