Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Friday, January 25, 2008

Learning . . .


Teach me your way, O LORD, that I may walk in your truth;
unite my heart to fear your name.
(Psalms 86:11)

In our days of schooling I often find myself wondering how I can motivate my six year old to 'want' to learn. When the subject is difficult she gets discouraged and life seems to get unpleasant.

How true in my life as well. I want to learn the truths of God, but at times it is hard to learn His lessons. We are all learning on this road of life. Our Heavenly Father is so patient with us as we fumble around.

"Teach me" here means to point the way. We have been given God's Word to learn God's truths. He has given us His Spirit to guide and instruct us. He points us in the way.


In the calm

In the calm of Your presence
I am listening, Lord
I am still, I am quiet
I am Yours

Let Your Word speak to me
Let Your Spirit draw near
I will obey
The truth that I hear

There's a thirst in my soul
For Your wisdom divine
I long for the peace
And life that I find

I am still, I am quiet
I am Yours

Performed by Jennifer Deibler of FFH

Written by Scott Krippayne, Tony Wood

photo: bookshelves in our schoolroom


2 comments:

  1. Hey Rebekah,
    That's so true how we fumble and yet He guides and instructs.

    Thanks for the inspiration and gentle reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebekah, your theme verse (1 Kings 19:11-12 so inspired me that it is the topic of my post this sabbath. Thanks.
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man (in this case woman) sharpens another.

    Blessings to you,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...