Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Words of Wisdom for the Weekend ~ Channels of Grace

"For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace."
{John 1:16}


"Speak Thou in my words today, think in my thoughts, and work in all my deeds. And seeing that it is Thy gracious will to make use even of such weak human instruments in the fulfillment of Thy mighty purpose for the world, let my life today be the channel through which some little portion of Thy divine love and pity may reach the lives that are nearest my own."
"O blesses Jesus, who didst use Thine own most precious life for the redemption of Thy human brethren, giving no thought to ease of pleasure of worldly enrichment, but filling up all Thine hours and days and deeds of self-denying love, give me the grace to-day to follow the road Thou did first tread; and to Thy name be all the glory and the praise, even unto the end. Amen."
~John Baillie, A Diary of Private Prayer



***
May your weekend be filled with one gracious blessing after another.

May it overflow from you to those near you

and to those whom you will only cross paths but once.

May you be free to laugh and soar and run and spring up with pure joy

and find much beauty in the mess.

***

A Soft Gentle Voice

{Words for Wisdom for the Weekend: These are words that I have been challenged or encouraged by that I have read throughout my week that I kept pondering; words that I couldn't get off my mind and heart throughout my week. 

For other Words of Wisdom for the Weekend posts see here.}

3 comments:

  1. I just loved the prayer you shared for us. As I begin this day, those words will be on my heart. "May you be free to laugh and soar and run and spring up with pure joy and find much beauty in the mess." Just beautiful. Love you. Wishing you a beautiful Sunday, friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely blog, never visited here before joining you from Sunday community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful prayer. Thank you for sharing. Praying you have a blessed and beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...