Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Words of Wisdom for the Weekend: What to do in the Waiting









*****

" Stone cold. And the stone is closed. Where do I go from here? . . . What do I do? . . . Joseph's stone is like the period that stops the sentence. Boom!--the story's done. and when the story's over, the very air is empty . . . Silence . . . the whole world is a graveyard. Because this is the one that has my Lord . . . 

"Jesus! Jesus! Without you I am nothing in a nowhere! . . . 

"One story is done indeed, my Magdalene, Your're right. You've entered the dark night of the soul.

"But another story--one you cannot conceive of (it's God who conceives it!)--starts at sunrise. And the empty time between, while sadly you prepare the spices, is in fact preparing you! Soon you will change . . . 'As dying, and behold we live;as punished, and yet not killed; as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things' . . . 

"Come again on Sunday, Mary, and see how it is that God makes saints."

~ Walter Wangerin Jr., 'Reliving the Passion'


*****

{Words for Wisdom for the Weekend: These are words that I have been challenged or encouraged by that I have read throughout my week that I kept pondering; words that I couldn't get off my mind and heart throughout my week. 
For other Words of Wisdom for the Weekend posts see here.}

4 comments:

  1. So thankful for Him! This is beautiful. Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words shared today. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grateful for the those who ponder deeply how all of Holy Week might have been seen and felt by the people who lived it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...