Jehovah was not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: Jehovah was not in the earthquake.
And after the earthquake, a fire: Jehovah was not in the fire. And after the fire, a soft gentle voice. (1Kings 19:11-12)

Monday, February 11, 2008

Wisdom




Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
(Proverbs 3:5-6)


These verses encouraged me this day. As Jon was reading with the kids this morning I was listening as he read a summery of the books of Proverbs. We have been going through a small survey of the Old Testament Books for our homeschool Bible "curriculum". This week we will be reviewing the book of Proverbs.

I was encouraged because just prior to thinking on these verses I was feeling discouraged about being distracted with thoughts of 'trying to figure it all out'. There is so much that is beyond my finite mind and my mind often feels so muddled as I contemplate the truths of God's Word.


For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

(Isaiah 55:9)


It is not up to my understanding. God bestows wisdom upon us as we ask Him:


If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God,
who gives generously to all without reproach,
and it will be given him.

(James 1:5)


I don't just give up trying to understand, but I am reminded how much I need the Spirit of God, who is dwelling within me, to teach me and guide me. I need to acknowledge Him and He will direct!

Oh, how I need God's wisdom as I study His wonderful ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...